1. Describe a time when someone listened in a way that made it possible to relay critical information, clarify thoughts or reach a new insight or conclusion? Or, describe a time when you attempted to communicate and the listener appeared distracted or inattentive. What happened as a result?
2. Describe a time when you or someone else asked a question, made a suggestion, or raised a concern that proved influential in the development of a project or discussion? Or, describe a time when contributions were not welcome or accepted. What happened as a result?
3. Describe a time when fear or anxiety prevented you from either giving or receiving constructive feedback. What were the consequences? Or, describe a time that you overcame fear or anxiety to give or receive constructive feedback, and the value of the resulting exchange.
4. Describe a time when you had a disagreement with someone else and were able to work through it. What allowed you to resolve the disagreement and what was the benefit? What might have happened if you had not been able to resolve it?
5. Describe a time when someone failed to deliver on their work. How was this problem addressed and what was the outcome? If the problem persisted, what were the consequences for the team or other people involved?
6. Describe a time when you or someone else went beyond their job description to help someone else, work on a different schedule, or take on an urgent task. What was the value of this action?
7. Describe a time when you felt pressured into making a decision before you were ready – what happened? What might have been different if you had been able to wait a little longer? Or, describe a time when you did NOT feel pressured. What happened?
8. Describe a time when part or all of your work was on pause while decisions were being made higher up the chain of command. What did you and others do during this time?
9. Describe a time that you or someone else took on a new task or learned a new skill that enabled the team to achieve something significant, unanticipated, or valuable.
10. Describe a time when you or someone else approached a task in a unique and personal way that resulted in greater value or unexpected discovery.
Thank you for sharing your stories with me! I’ll be in touch with updates on the progress of my work!